This article talks about the difference in the roles and the different aspects to this career graph
Why is harder to define?
The lines between sr and jr is blurred. The experience cannot compensate for the creativity. Asking a senior designer the difference between the two, two answers can be predicted. The first one would be vague answer talking about experience, the second one would be the truth. You cannot differentiate based on specific parameters.
What do they do?
Senior graphic administrators produce associated manage an organization’s visuals, together with the layout of brochures, product briefs, pamphlets, and alternative collateral materials. They collaborate with alternative artists and delegate work amongst a team of designers. they have to be inventive and work with style software package. They conjointly have to be compelled to meet deadlines whereas operating quickly and accurately and should be able to manage others.
There are certain points which can classify a designer as senior or junior.
- Mastery of UX and UI processes and toolkit
- Designs inclusive experiences with exclusive strategy
- Uses systematic and hypothesis-based approach
- Not afraid to take on undefined, complex projects
- Leads projects from beginning to end
- Owns and influences key metrics. Drives alignment via design facilitation and presentation skills
- Synthesizes multiple inputs and feedback from stakeholders into a cohesive approach
- Mentor junior designers and onboard others onto projects
What do you need?
- Communication : Every senior designer needs not only to communicate his ideas but to help his team realize it to its fullest potential.
- Curiosity : Designs cannot be created without an open mind. A designer needs to be curious to help take inspiration from various sources in order to deliver the best.
- Open to Criticism : Being able to take criticism can be hard due to the attachment to our work. But in the end, it helps to form better perspectives and be exposed to other ideas.
- Being Proactive : A senior designer is not just responsible for his work but also his team’s work. He should be actively reviewing work as well as help in guiding junior designers.
Being independent and self-motivated is one in every of the necessary traits of an excellent senior designer. The direction is never lacking, they are not simply sitting around. They take the initiative and do the work supported by their best guess. Never wait around for choices to be created. Use what you have got and do the work that supports that. A begin is best than nothing in the least.